GET STARTED TODAY
CALL NOW 859-371-9393
TRAIN FOR A NEW CAREER AS A
MEDICAL BILLER & CODER
Our online Medical Billing and Coding Administration diploma program focuses on getting you into the career field as fast as possible. Medical Billing and Coding classes can be completed in as little as 12 months and graduates are eligible to sit for the CCA exam.
Providing quality healthcare involves more than face-to-face patient care in a clinical setting. Professionals in Medical Billing and Coding Administration handle the behind-the-scenes operations that are vital to the success of medical practices. Beckfield College’s Medical Billing and Coding program provide students with an understanding of the foundation and skills required for working in billing offices and medical administration.
Beckfield College and its programs are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).* Upon graduation of the Medical Billing and Coding diploma program, you will be prepared to sit for the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) examination through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). The cost of the exam will be included in the total program cost. This is only applicable for the cost of a student’s first exam fee. The graduate will be responsible for any additional test re-takes. Beckfield College’s medical billing and coding classes and curriculum meet the standards set forth by AHIMA. The CCA credential distinguishes coders by exhibiting commitment and demonstrating coding competencies across all settings, including hospital and physician practices.
Medical Billing and Coding Program Length
Employment of Medical Billing and Coding is projected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2029†
State Annual Median Salary
State of Kentucky mean salary is $44,230 per year**
State of Ohio mean salary is $45,690 per year**
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE ONLINE
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING PROGRAM
Our 12-month diploma in Medical Billing and Coding Administration program is designed to get you into the workforce faster. Our online Medical Billing and Coding program will prepare you to handle the responsibilities associated with medical insurance, coding, processing, and medical administrative procedures, and ensure you are meeting the regulatory requirements of the healthcare delivery system. While enrolled in our Medical Billing and Coding classes, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM manuals, Z codes, and CPT manual and coding guidelines.
WHAT DOES A MEDICAL
BILLING AND CODING PROFESSIONAL DO?
Medical Billing and Coding professionals organize and manage health information data to ensure information maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility and security in both paper files and electronic systems. Upon successful completion of our Medical Billing and Coding program, you will be able to:
- Apply information technology to complete tasks such as office scheduling, medical billing and payment entry, insurance reimbursement and records management
- Perform diagnostic and analytical assessment of patient chart
- Perform procedure coding using government classification system, and specialized procedures used in billing and insurance processing in a variety of healthcare settings
Medical Billing and Coding Career Possibilities
With training from Beckfield College, graduates of the Medical Billing and Coding program can be prepared to pursue entry-level jobs with job titles such as:
- Medical biller or coder
- Medical billing and coding specialist
- Insurance claims specialist
- Medical records technician
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SALARY OPPORTUNITIES
According to the latest national data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the median pay in Kentucky is $42,580 per year and $45,330 in Ohio per year. Salary will vary based on experience, location of employment, and the specific job title and duties being performed.*
LOCAL EMPLOYERS OF
- Someone told me that furthering my education was not a sprint but a marathon. I have to disagree with that statement. It is a journey. A journey to open your mind to a much bigger world filled with possibilities and opportunities. A wonderful, tiresome, and often difficult journey that I am incredibly proud to say I have made with Beckfield. I have finished this journey not only because of the commitment I made to my education, but because of Beckfield’s commitment to its students.For me, the journey was about more than just a degree. It was about learning and growing. Not only was the journey about learning the topics in the text books, but it was also about learning how to become my better self.2015
- People wake up every day and think that today is the day I am going to change my life, but seldom do they take action. I believe we are all creatures of habit. Sometimes we stick to what is comfortable rather than attempting change. That was me.I was given a challenge by my Aunt Lorie who said, “Two years of your life is going to pass you by. No matter what the question is, what are you going to do in those two years?” My answer is: get a college degree.I would encourage everybody to bet on yourself and believe you are good enough to chase after and live your dreams. Find the strength within yourself to be who you want to be. I am so proud, not just of me, but of my fellow grads!2015