Beckfield College has been very active through its Florence, KY Campus Phi Beta Lambda business chapter in the last couple of years. In fact, students from the chapter participated in a national competition earlier this year and of the four nationals’ finalists, all four placed in the top 10. Pretty stellar results!
It’s onto a new year for these students and their chapter. They are proud to have recently held an official meeting. Beckfield College’s Florence Chapter of Phi Beta Lambda has elected their officer team for 2014-2015. Please join us in congratulating:
- Ed Villaverde, President
- Devin Allmoslecher, Vice President
- Wayne Strickland, Secretary
- Shawna Raines, Treasurer
- Allison Duechle, Reporter
- Dana Fryman, Historian
Devin Allmoslecher also has the honor of serving as at the state level as Co-Parliamentarian.
Some of the chapter initiatives:
- Grow the membership, including members from the online program
- Continue our record of successful competition at the state and national level
- Form partnerships with other Kentucky college chapters for professional networking and conferences
- Participate in campus service and student-life activities
- Raise funds to support PBL initiatives
Upcoming PBL Activities:
- In November, Mr. Ron Richards, a member of the Florence business faculty, will represent our chapter at the Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference at Northern Kentucky University. Ron will participate in a roundtable on customer service.
- PBL will participate in the annual Halloween Safety Fair at the Florence campus on November 1.
- We will be kicking off a fall fund-raiser selling products from the Ohio Candle Company.
If you are interested in joining Phi Beta Lambda business fraternity, or if you have any questions, contact Ed Villaverde, Chapter President (firstname.lastname@example.org ), or Scott Smith, Chapter Advisor (email@example.com).
Future Business Leaders of America – Phi Beta Lambda is the largest business career student organization in the world. The FBLA-PBL mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.