Beckfield College understands the needs and demands of today’s high school students. The college search and selection process can see intimidating but through our Jump-Start Program, high school students can earn college credit that can later be applied to earn a college degree from Beckfield College!
Jump Start Program Highlights:
- High school students can take college courses throughout their senior year.
- One college course per quarter, four in total.
- No tuition cost for Jump Start.*
- Convenient online options or one night per week schedule.**
- Jump Start students may apply their credits to earn a college degree from Beckfield College.***
* Students are responsible for books and other course material.
** Online class availability is not guaranteed.
*** Transfer of credits earned at Beckfield College is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
The senior student must be a student in good standing registered at and attending an area high school.
- The senior student may register for one Beckfield College credit course each quarter while they are in 12th grade.
- Enrollment in some classes is contingent upon meeting, and providing proof, of the minimum ACT score of 18 for the English/Writing portion.
- The student must attend class, complete homework, and pass tests to successfully complete any classes taken at Beckfield College.
- The student will be eligible to receive credit for all courses successfully completed upon enrollment at Beckfield College after high school graduation.
How Do I Apply?
- Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Representative.
- Complete the interview process with the Admissions Representative.
- Complete an Application for Enrollment.
- Complete and sign a Jump Start Program form.
- Have a parent/guardian sign the Jump Start Program form.
- The form must then be approved by the Academics Department.
- You will be registered based on the availability of the classes chosen.