Our goal at Beckfield College is to assist you and your family in securing the resources necessary to fund your education. The Office of Student Financial Aid administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to students who qualify.
Types of Financial Aid
Federal Student Loans and Grants
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT – The Pell Grant does not require repayment. Eligibility is based on a student’s educational financial need with a maximum award of $5,775 per year. More information at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- FEDERAL DIRECT LOANS are non-credit based and available to those who qualify. More information at www.studentloans.gov
- DIRECT PLUS LOAN (PLUS) – The “PLUS” loan is available to parents in assisting dependent students with the cost of education. The maximum loan is the student’s cost of attendance, less other financial aid. A “DIRECT PLUS” loan may be obtained through the Department of Education. Repayment of this loan begins within 30 days of issuance and is repaid with interest. More information at www.studentloans.gov
State Grants and Scholarships (CAP and KEES)
- KENTUCKY CAP GRANT (CAP) – Federal PELL grant recipients may be eligible for Kentucky’s CAP grant. Eligible programs of study, deadline dates, and residency requirements apply to this award. More information at www.kheaa.com
- KEES SCHOLARSHIP (KEES) – KEES scholarships are awarded to eligible Kentucky high school graduates. If eligible, this scholarship may be used for up to 5 years from graduation if the student maintains an eligible cumulative grade point average (GPA). More information at www.kheaa.com
Other Opportunities for Financial Assistance
- WORKFORCE INVESTMENT ACT (WIA) – If you are “unemployed” or “underemployed,” you may be eligible to receive a training fund voucher to reduce your educational costs.
- VETERAN’S (VA) BENEFITS – Beckfield College is approved to accept students eligible to receive Veteran’s Administration Educational Benefits.
- ALTERNATIVE LOANS – Beckfield College offers private loan programs to assist in your educational needs. Please see your Financial Aid Administrator to apply. For more information www.salliemae.com/student-loans/smart-option-student-loan/
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
The FAFSA opens the door to such aid as the Federal Pell Grant, the Federal Direct Loan Program (Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students -PLUS loans) as well as the state of Kentucky’s grant and scholarship programs.
You will need a FSA ID in order to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need a separate FSA ID for the student and parent. To set up your ID visit www.fsaid.ed.gov.
Beckfield’s School Code: 016726
Active Student Loan Review Information – visit www.nslds.ed.gov/
Click Here to get an early approximation of your potential costs to attend Beckfield College. All financial results are only an approximation based on the information you will supply and cannot be considered an actual award.
FAFSA – www.fafsa.ed.gov
Federal Student Loans – www.studentloans.gov
Kentucky CAP Grant & KEES Scholarship Info www.kheaa.com
Private Loan Programs www.salliemae.com/student-loans/smart-option-student-loan/