Beckfield College is a degree granting institution of higher learning dedicated to preparing learners for relevant professional, technical and business careers in a diverse, ethical, student-centered environment.
Beckfield College is a career college accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) that has, since 1984, been evolving to meet the educational needs of our learners while meeting the demands of the community and area businesses.
Beckfield College is focused on, and dedicated to, a personalized teaching and learning environment designed to support the personal and professional career development of quality students. Instructors bring years of real-world, practical experience and education into the classrooms to enhance the students’ education.
Beckfield College offers a variety of Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree, and Diploma programs.
Beckfield College is proud to celebrate 35 years of academic excellence in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky community.
Beckfield College opened its doors in 1984 under the school name Educational Services Center. The school was started by Dr. Harry L. Beck based on a need he saw in the Greater Cincinnati community for individuals who wanted personalized career training outside of the traditional setting. With decades of experience working in higher education, he set forth to provide a school setting that was centered on the student and the student’s success. Later, Beckfield College was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in May 1989. Its purpose was to provide higher education and technical training to those who demonstrated the ability to benefit from such education and training.
That tradition continues today, 35 years later, but with more program offerings, further expansion into the Greater Cincinnati community, and continued focus on evolving to meet both the student’s and community’s educational needs.
- 2019Received National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) accreditation for Associates Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Diploma.
- 2018Received accreditation from the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- 20173-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program offered.
- 2017Diane Wolfer named CEO.
- 2016Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation received for bachelor level nursing programs.
- 2014Online RN to BSN program offered.
- 2010Online courses offered.
- 2009Diane Wolfer was appointed President and the College expanded the Florence, KY campus.
- 2006Beckfield College was acquired by Quad Partners and became a limited liability company, Beckfield College, LLC. Upon Dr. Beck’s retirement, Dr. Ronald A. Swanson was named as the President of the College.
- 2004Nursing programs began, and first baccalaureate degrees offered; College came under the licensure of the Kentucky Council on Post-Secondary Education.
- 2003The college moved to its current location at 16 Spiral Drive in Florence, Kentucky.
- 2001The school changed to Beckfield College.
- 1993Began offering Associate Degrees in conjunction with Diploma and Certificate Programs. The school was also accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools and by the Commission on Occupational Education of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- 1989The school changed its name to Kentucky Career Institute
- 1988The school was accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
- 1986The school was accredited by the Council for Noncollegiate Continuing Education.
- 1984Educational Service Center opened for business and offered diploma and certificate programs in Word Processing and Secretarial/Office Automation.