GET STARTED TODAY
CALL NOW 859-371-9393
TRAIN FOR A NEW CAREER AS A
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
The nursing field is always in search of compassionate, dependable people to take on the role of providing care to people in need. Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) are in high demand, but it takes special, caring individuals with sincere interest to help others to succeed in this position. If you are thinking about attending LPN school in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and becoming a licensed practical nurse, come check out Beckfield College’s LPN program.
Beckfield College’s Practical Nursing program is taught by professional nurses with extensive experience within the field. Practical Nursing diploma graduates will be prepared for the NCLEX-PN exam and become qualified for an entry-level Licensed Practical Nurse position.
LPN Program Length
Employment of Licensed Practical Nurses is projected to grow 9% from 2019 to 2029†
State Annual Median Salary
State of Kentucky median salary is $42,740; state of Ohio median salary is $45,020 per year*
Job Placement Rate
Job Placement Rate is 87%
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE
PRACTICAL NURSE PROGRAM
The Practical Nursing or LPN program, can be completed in as little as 15 months. The curriculum of our LPN program is specifically designed to prepare you for your career from day one. Plus, we have no waiting list for nursing classes or clinicals. We build clinicals into our LPN program so when you finish nursing studies, you are completely finished. Your LPN classes will integrate knowledge, principles of communication, and behavioral and biological sciences. Our hands-on instructors and faculty help train you for real-world experiences.
Upon successful completion of the LPN program, you will earn a diploma in Practical Nursing and be prepared to take the NCLEX-PN exam and become qualified for an entry-level Licensed Practical Nurse position. Our Nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA).
To learn more about the Kentucky Program of Nursing benchmarks and NCLEX pass rates, click here.
Learn about our virtual-ATI NCLEX® ReviewReview
Beckfield College provides the Virtual-ATI NCLEX Review during the time you are attending the nursing program prior to graduation. It is an innovative, online partnership that prepares nursing graduates for NCLEX success. The review directly aligns with the current NCLEX test plan. Through collaboration with a virtual coach and classroom nursing instructor, students are engaged in a personalized, assessment-driven NCLEX review in an online classroom that provides students access to a variety of on-demand resources. Students receive feedback and encouragement from their own personal online coach and classroom nursing instructor. A calendar is provided to guide students’ daily review. The review is individualized as the student progresses, so special focus is given to topic areas that need more attention. It works. NCLEX pass rates are nearly 100% when students follow their coaches’ recommendations.*
*According to ATI.
WHAT DOES A PRACTICAL NURSE DO?
Practical nurses (LPNs) work under the supervision of doctors or registered nurses (RNs) to provide care to patients. Our goal is to equip you with the clinical and professional competencies to prepare you for important job duties. At Beckfield College, our LPN classes help prepare you to successfully perform a variety of job functions, which can include:
- Provide basic bedside care
- Take vital signs
- Prepare and give injections
- Perform routine laboratory tests
- Record food and fluid intake and output
- Provide infant care
Nursing Career Possibilities
One of the great advantages of pursuing a nursing career is the vast array of job opportunities that will be available to you within the healthcare industry. Upon successful completion of LPN training, you can work in a variety of healthcare settings, such as
- Nursing and residential care facilities
- Hospitals – state, local or private
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Extended Care Facilities
- Physician Offices
- Home Healthcare Services
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE SALARY OPPORTUNITIES
According to the latest national data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the median pay for a Practical Nurse in the state of Kentucky’s median salary is $42,740 and the state of Ohio’s median salary is $45,020 per year. Salary will vary based on experience, location of employment, and the specific job title and duties being performed. *
LOCAL EMPLOYERS OF
- I began my nursing career in January 1998 as a nursing assistant in long term care. Then in December of 2000, I graduated from LPN school. I worked for 11 years in long term care as a LPN before going back for my RN.I chose Beckfield for my Associate’s Program because of the curriculum that they offered. I would take nursing classes starting Quarter 1 and would incorporate my general studies into the program while taking these nursing courses. I knew that I wanted to be a Director of Nursing and needed my RN for this. Upon completion of my Associate’s Degree, and obtaining my RN Licensure, I felt completely prepared for a leadership role within my organization. The clinical skills experience offered to me by Beckfield, gave me the confidence to approach situations with greater ease. The higher thought processes are a norm at Beckfield. The instructor’s teach you how to “think” while considering the entire clinical picture as well as the ability to anticipate and advocate for the patient.The focus on leadership and the RN’s role in this critical area of nursing, is one of Beckfield’s strongest attributes, in my opinion. I feel like some nursing programs (at least from my LPN experience) teach nurses to “be a nurse”, but at Beckfield, we were taught how to be a “nursing leader”. The knowledge, resources and network connections that have been afforded to me from Beckfield are unmatched. Beckfield has a reputation for preparing excellent, competent nurses and this is an accurate perception. I feel very blessed to be a Beckfield Graduate, from not only the RN Program, but also from their BSN Program!I recommend Beckfield College’s Nursing Program to anyone who is committed to furthering their education in one of the most selfless and rewarding career choices in the world.Cum Laude 2013-RN, Cum Laude 2015-BSN