GET STARTED TODAY
CALL NOW 859-371-9393
TRAIN FOR A NEW CAREER AS A
Are you looking for a career where you can truly make a difference and have a positive impact on people’s lives? If you care about the well-being of others and are passionate about helping them; if you are detail oriented and observant, then becoming a Registered Nurse (RN) might be right for you.
Beckfield College’s Registered Nursing program provides each student with the steps to build a nursing career through a curriculum that is set up for success. Our Registered Nursing program offers hands-on training and teaches students the knowledge and competencies for finding success after graduation. If you are thinking about attending RN school in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and becoming a registered nurse, come check out what Beckfield College has to offer.
(associate degree program)
Employment of Registered Nurses is projected to grow 7% from 2019 to 2029†
State Annual Median Salary
State of Kentucky mean salary is $63,750; state of Ohio mean salary is $68,220 per year*
Job Placement Rate
Job Placement Rate is 80%
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE NURSING PROGRAM
The Registered Nursing program is a 24-month program with classes offered in both the day and evening. The curriculum of our Registered Nurse program is specifically designed to prepare you for your career from day one. Your nursing classes will integrate knowledge, principles of communication, and behavioral and biological sciences. Our hands-on instructors and faculty help train you for real-world experiences.
Upon successful completion of Beckfield College’s Registered Nursing program, you will earn an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in nursing and be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Our Nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA). Graduates who pass the NCLEX-RN will earn the title of licensed RN and can begin their healthcare career.
To learn more about the Kentucky Program of Nursing benchmarks and NCLEX pass rates, click here.
Learn about our virtual-ATI NCLEX® Review
Beckfield College provides the Virtual-ATI NCLEX Review during the time you are attending the nursing program prior to graduation. It is an innovative, online partnership that prepares nursing graduates for NCLEX success. The review directly aligns with the current NCLEX test plan. Through collaboration with a virtual coach and classroom nursing instructor, students are engaged in a personalized, assessment-driven NCLEX review in an online classroom that provides students access to a variety of on-demand resources. Students receive feedback and encouragement from their own personal online coach and classroom nursing instructor. A calendar is provided to guide students’ daily review. The review is individualized as the student progresses, so special focus is given to topic areas that need more attention. It works. NCLEX pass rates are nearly 100% when students follow their coaches’ recommendations.*
*According to ATI.
WHAT DOES A REGISTERED NURSE DO?
A career as an RN offers a wide variety of job responsibilities and duties depending on the setting in which you work. At Beckfield College, our nursing classes help prepare you with the practical skills and knowledge that will help you successfully perform a wide range of job functions, which can include:
- Record patients’ medical histories and symptoms
- Administer medication
- Perform diagnostic test and analyze results
- Teach patients and families how to treat and manage illnesses or injuries
- Operate and monitor medical equipment
- Collaborate with doctors and other medical providers
RN Career Possibilities
One of the great advantages of pursuing a nursing career is the vast array of job opportunities that will be available to you within the healthcare industry. A Registered Nurse can work in a variety of healthcare settings, such as
- Physician offices
- Home healthcare services
- Nursing homes
- Private sector
REGISTERED NURSE SALARY OPPORTUNITIES
According to the latest national data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the median pay for a Registered Nurse in the state of Kentucky’s median salary is $63,750 and the state of Ohio’s median salary is $68,220 per year. Salary will vary based on experience, location of employment, and the specific job title and duties being performed.*
LOCAL EMPLOYERS OF
- I began my nursing career in January 1998 as a nursing assistant in long term care. Then in December of 2000, I graduated from LPN school. I worked for 11 years in long term care as a LPN before going back for my RN.I chose Beckfield for my Associate’s Program because of the curriculum that they offered. I would take nursing classes starting Quarter 1 and would incorporate my general studies into the program while taking these nursing courses. I knew that I wanted to be a Director of Nursing and needed my RN for this. Upon completion of my Associate’s Degree, and obtaining my RN Licensure, I felt completely prepared for a leadership role within my organization. The clinical skills experience offered to me by Beckfield, gave me the confidence to approach situations with greater ease. The higher thought processes are a norm at Beckfield. The instructor’s teach you how to “think” while considering the entire clinical picture as well as the ability to anticipate and advocate for the patient.The focus on leadership and the RN’s role in this critical area of nursing, is one of Beckfield’s strongest attributes, in my opinion. I feel like some nursing programs (at least from my LPN experience) teach nurses to “be a nurse”, but at Beckfield, we were taught how to be a “nursing leader”. The knowledge, resources and network connections that have been afforded to me from Beckfield are unmatched. Beckfield has a reputation for preparing excellent, competent nurses and this is an accurate perception. I feel very blessed to be a Beckfield Graduate, from not only the RN Program, but also from their BSN Program!I recommend Beckfield College’s Nursing Program to anyone who is committed to furthering their education in one of the most selfless and rewarding career choices in the world.Cum Laude 2013-RN, Cum Laude 2015-BSN