Beckfield College is proud to celebrate over 30 years of academic excellence in the Greater Cincinnati community. Beckfield College opened its doors in 1984 with 2 students, 2 programs, and one location. Today, thirty years later, we have more than 1300 students, educational offerings at 2 on-campus locations, online delivery, and 15 different programs with various levels that meet today’s needs.
Beckfield College first offered academics in 1984 under the school name Educational Services Center, with its first Commencement in November 1986. The school was started by Dr. Harry L. Beck based on a need he saw in the community for individuals who wanted personalized career training outside of the traditional setting. With decades of experience working in higher education, he set forth to provide a school setting that was centered on the student and the student’s success.
Beckfield College was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in May 1989. Its purpose was to provide higher education and technical training to those who demonstrated the ability to benefit from such education and training.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SIGNIFICANCE (CLICK HERE More Detailed Historical Timeline)
- 2004 – Nursing programs began
- 2004 – First baccalaureate degrees offered; College came under the licensure of the Kentucky Council on Post-Secondary Eduation
- 2006 – Beckfield College was acquired by Quad Partners and became a limited liability company, Beckfield College, LLC. Upon Dr. Beck’s retirement, Dr. Ronald A. Swanson was named as the President of the College.
- 2009 – The Tri-County Cincinnati, OH Campus was launched and enrolled its first students.
- 2009 – Florence, KY Campus expansion.
- 2009 – Diane Wolfer was appointed President.
- 2010 – Online courses offered.
- 2013 – Beckfield College LLC added a new branch campus: Trillium College – Kingston in Ontario Canada
The tradition started in 1984 continues today, thirty years later, but with more program offerings, further expansion into the community, and continued focus on evolving to meet both the student’s and community’s educational needs.
Why Beckfield College Works After 30 Years: Partnership
Beckfield College Commits to its Student Body:
- The faculty and staff are committed to the success of each and every student.
- The academics and class schedules are structured to meet the needs of our diverse student body.
- Student and Career Services are committed to providing a positive and successful experience.
Students Commit Knowing the College is Committed to Them:
- Students commit to their education.
- Students commit to remain motivated through graduation and beyond.